We love seeing pictures of all of our beautiful customers wearing their favorite styles from The ZigZag Stripe, and we’d love to see even more of you sharing your Outfit of the Day (OOTD) on social media. However, we realize taking a good selfie isn’t the easiest thing to pull off, especially if you’re not already a trained photographer. Here are a few basic tips to help you take your selfie game to the next level.
- Make sure you have good lighting. Natural daylight is always a good place to start. We suggest finding a nice place in the shade and you’ll be good to go. If you can’t get outside, a spot near a window with the light shining on your face works great too. Try different areas of your house depending on the time of day.
- Always be aware of what’s in the background of your photo. After all, you want to be the center of attention! Find an area with little-to-no clutter to put yourself on center stage. Also, watch out for photobombers (they’re fun to see but make sure they’re clothed and posing appropriately)!
- If you use a mirror, make sure to turn off the flash. Take a second to remove any large smudges that will cloud your image. And remember YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL. Don’t hide your face behind the reflection of your camera/phone.
- Pick a pose. Take pictures from different angles until you feel confident about your results.
- Expressing yourself with a great smile or a classic silly face helps fill your photo with personality. And we love personality!
- Don’t forget the hashtag! Add #ilovezigzag to your posts so we can find you on social media.